Housing at 2150 West College Avenue
Request for Proposals Period has Closed
The Community Development Commission is seeking proposals for the development of housing at 2150 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa. In light of the post-fire housing shortage, development of this property has become a top priority for the Commission. The timeline originally envisioned for development of the property has been expedited in order to meet this critical need for housing.
The deadline for submission of completed applications is December 5, 2017, by 5:00 PM. Applications received late or incomplete applications will not be eligible.
If you have questions regarding this RFP, please contact Benjamin Wickham at Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 565-7542. Please note that instructions on how to submit clarifying questions regarding the content of the RFP are contained within the document.
Thank you for your interest.
- January XX, 2018 - Developer selected for 2150 West College Ave.
- November XX, 2017 - Request for Proposals (RFP) released to solicit developer for the site.
- Download RFP
- April 4, 2017 - The Board of Supervisors adopted its strategic priorities for the County, which included the Housing for All priority. This Property represents one of the identified projects for reaching the County’s goal of building 3,375 housing units by 2022
- June 2015 - Following impasse in negotiations with potential purchasers of the Property, the Water Agency Board elected to terminate the surplus process and sell the Property via a competitive bid process. That process resulted in only two bids, neither of which could be accepted by the Water Agency.
- 1981 - The Sonoma County Water Agency acquired the Property for its operations center in 1981, and occupied and maintained the facility until 2013. Between 2003 and 2013, the Water Agency moved its operations to the Airport Business Center and, in March of 2014, the declared the Property surplus.
The Property (Assessor’s Parcel Number 010-320-029; the “Property”) consists of a 7.46-acre parcel and contains an office building, two office/shop buildings, and a small garage.
The Property is currently zoned R-3-30, which would allow the development of approximately 170 units of housing on the portion of the site suitable and available for development without any density bonus unit augmentation.
This parcel also contains the College Creek Flood Control Channel.
While the Property is located within Santa Rosa city limits, development of affordable and workforce housing inside city limits supports County policies related to agricultural and open space preservation and greenhouse gas emission reduction goals, as it ensures city-centered development near transportation and other public services.