- About Us
Programs & Services
- Agricultural Disaster Survey
- Agricultural Statistics
- Air Pollution
- Animal Damage Control Program
- Apple Standards
- Biological Control
- Direct Marketing Program
- Egg Quality Control
- European Grapevine Moth
- Frost Protection for Vineyards & Orchards
- Fruits Nuts & Vegetable Standardization
- Hazardous Materials Program
- Industrial Hemp
- Light Brown Apple Moth (LBAM) Program
- Nursery and Seed Inspection
- Organic Program
- Pest Management
- Pest Exclusions
- Pest Eradication
- Pest Detection
- Pesticide Use Enforcement
- Plastic Recycle
- Project Review
- Crop Reports
- Fish and Wildlife Commission
- Accessibility Assistance
- Back to Natural Resources
Agriculture, Weights & Measures
The Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures enforces the laws and regulations of the California Food and Agriculture Code, the California Business & Professions Code and the California Code of Regulations while serving at the discretion of the County Board of Supervisors and CDFA's Secretary of Food & Agriculture. Sonoma County's Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures employs a staff of thirty-nine people and has its main office in Santa Rosa. To serve the public's needs, two small satellite offices with limited public hours are operated in the cities of Sonoma and Petaluma.
- A thriving agricultural industry, healthy community, environment, and economy
- To promote and protect agriculture, the health and safety of our community, environment and the economy through education and the enforcement of laws and regulations.
Agriculture/Weights & Measures Department is Now Open to the Public
The Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures office is open to the public beginning Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Normal business hours are from 8:00 am to noon and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Mitigation measures including face masks, health screening, and physical distancing will remain in effect pending further direction. The front door will continue to remain accessible using the doorbell.
The Sonoma office hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. The Petaluma office is available by appointment only.
To access our services, you may call (707) 565-2371 or send an email to SonomaAg@sonoma-county.org. Documents may also be placed in the locked drop box outside the front door of our main office. Voicemail, email, drop box, and mail are checked regularly each business day.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continue to work together to keep our community safe.
April 1, 2022
The Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures was one of three Sonoma County departments that engaged with a consultant, NBS, to conduct a User Fee Study.
March 16, 2022
February 28, 2022
February 28, 2022