- About us
- Probation Payments - Restitution, Fine and Fee Payments
- Career Opportunities
- Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Partnerships and Initiatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Back to Justice Services
The Probation Department is committed to Changing Lives, Reducing Crime, and Restoring Community.
We do this by:
- Using practices shown to be most effective in helping clients learn skills to overcome obstacles, promote positive behavior, change their thinking, and improve their quality of life.
- Keeping people out of the justice system who are not dangerous to society, while identifying those who pose a risk to community safety and ensuring they receive needed intervention services and treatment.
- Collaborating with other organizations to connect clients with services and resources to help them achieve their goals while increasing their capacity to live crime-free. Services offered typically include family and individual therapy, parent education, mentoring, problem-solving skills training, substance abuse treatment, mental health resources, educational/vocational training, employment assistance and transitional housing.
- Partnering with law enforcement agencies to keep the community safe. We hold individuals accountable for their actions, enforce court orders, monitor conduct in the community, and provide safe and secure detention of delinquent youth.
- Serving as a neutral arm of the court, providing detailed information and reports to help judges make decisions in criminal cases.
- Supporting victims – helping them gain financial compensation through victim restitution, access other resources in the community, and ensure their voices are heard in court.
Chief Probation Officer Vanessa Fuchs
No Upcoming Events...
November 29, 2022
The Sonoma County Probation Department’s Juvenile Hall pilot Welding Program for youth in the Secure Youth Treatment Facility (SYTF) is off to a great start! The inaugural program was offered to two youth in Juvenile Hall who had to apply for acceptance into the program.