Employee Relations Division
The Employee Relations Division of the Human Resources Department is responsible for the negotiation and production of numerous Union Contracts or Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Association Agreements and the Salary Resolution.
Employee Relations Division provides the following services to County departments and management including:
- Negotiates contracts with unions and associations representing employees.
- Interprets contract language.
- Processes/resolves and/or advises on formal employee grievances.
- Advises on potential disciplinary matters.
- Conducts data research, salary and benefits surveys.
- Liaison with unions on employee relations issues.
- Facilitates labor/management committees and other interest-based processes.
- Makes decisions regarding employee representation and unit determination issues.
The County of Sonoma values all employees as its greatest asset. County employees are represented in 21 bargaining units by 11 labor organizations. All employee organizations are currently under contract and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with the employee organizations are current and remain in full force and effect. All of the current MOUs expire between February and July 2023.