Welcome to the Assessor's Office
The Sonoma County Assessor’s office is currently experiencing significant processing delays. Historically, our office processed assessment related events 6-12 months after they happened; however, our current processing times have extended to 18-36 months. California statute provides that the Assessor has 4 years to process an event and while we have always strived to process as quickly as possible, years of unprecedented events have significantly increased our workload. These delays are the result of higher than usual staff turnover, multiple large wildfires, increase in new construction and countywide development, the COVID pandemic and complicated legislative reform. We are working diligently to hire and train staff, utilize technology, and implement legislative changes but all these changes take time.
We understand the burden this can cause on taxpayers, but we ask for patience as we establish and implement solutions.
Online / Remote Services Available
- Search the Assessment Roll
- Who owns a property / Who is the assessed owner of a property? (Email)
- Change my Mailing Address
- Copy of Building Record / Field Notes / Building Sketch
- Parcel Maps (search for property and select View Maps on detail screen)
- How was my tax bill calculated? (Email)
- When will I get my supplemental or corrected tax bill?
- What is this roll correction / supplemental notice about? (Email)
- Property Exemptions (Homeowner, Disable Veteran, Non-Profit, Religious, etc)
- Assessment Exclusions (Parent/Child, Grandparent/Grandchild, etc.)
- Transfer of Base Year Value (Prop 60,90,110)
- Declines in Market Values
There are a variety of options available for lowering your property taxes. Each of these exemptions, exclusions or provisions has specific qualifications.
California's property tax laws allow the Assessor to adjust assessed values due to a major calamity such as fire, earthquake, or flooding which damages or destroys your real or personal property.
Machinery, equipment, tools, furniture, fixtures, and leasehold improvements held or used in connection with a trade or business are taxable. In addition, most boats, aircraft and mobile homes are also taxable. Supplies on hand, demonstration equipment, and construction in-progress are also assessable.