Skip to Content

Welcome to the Assessor's Office

Flood Damage

If your house was damaged by the flood, you may be eligible for property tax relief. The property loss estimate must be $10,000 or more in market value, and an Application for Reassessment of Property Damaged by Misfortune or Calamity must be filed with the County Assessor within 12 months of the date of damage.

For more information, visit our Disaster Relief webpage.

Calculation of Calamity Rebuilds for Assessment Purposes

As you rebuild, your property taxes will increase based on how and when you rebuild, pursuant to state law. Each situation and property is unique, and you should contact our office with specific questions regarding your property. Visit our Disaster Relief page for more information about how calamity rebuild assessments are calculated.

Proposition 19 Impacts

Voters passed Proposition 19 in November 2020. This legislation affects Parent-Child and Grandparent-Grandchild exclusions and Base Year Value Transfers. This legislation is currently being reviewed by the State Board of Equalization (BOE) for guidance and regulations. The Assessor’s Office will not be able to answer detailed questions about the legislation at this point in time. Visit the BOE’s Proposition 19 page for the most up to date information. 

There are a variety of options available for lowering your property taxes. Each of these exemptions, exclusions or provisions has specific qualifications.

California's property tax laws allow the Assessor to adjust assessed values due to a major calamity such as fire, earthquake, or flooding which damages or destroys your real or personal property.  

Temporary reductions to your property's taxable value on the Assessment Roll can be initiated by either you or the Assessor.

Machinery, equipment, tools, furniture, fixtures, and leasehold improvements held or used in connection with a trade or business are taxable. In addition, most boats, aircraft and mobile homes are also taxable. Supplies on hand, demonstration equipment, and construction in-progress are also assessable.