Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters Office is a division of the County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Department, under the direction of an elected County Clerk. The Registrar of Voters Office performs a range of election-related duties, in addition to other public services that increase citizen participation and education
Newly-Revised Draft Election Plan Is Out; Feedback Sought
- Go to the plan (available in both English and Spanish)
- Public comments are being accepted by phone, email, and in person through June 20, 2023.
- You can also share your feedback and ask questions at the following upcoming public meetings:
- May 24, 2023, 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (virtual on Zoom)
- May 25, 2023, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (virtual on Zoom)
- June 3, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (virtual on Zoom)
- June 6, 2023, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (in-person at 575 Admin Dr in Santa Rosa)
- For more details, go to our calendar, read our press release, or visit our Election Administration Plan page.
November 7, 2023, Consolidated Election
- View a timeline for this election.
- Candidate nominations open Monday, July 17, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. PT and close Friday, August 11, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. PT for the following offices: Occidental Community Services District, Bodega Bay Public Utilities District, Monte Rio Recreation and Parks District, Russian River Recreation and Parks District, Russian River County Water District, Sonoma Mountain County Water District, and Timber Cove County Water District
- A more detailed candidate guide and calendar of events will be released over the summer prior to when nominations open.
- Visit the November 7, 2023, Consolidated Election page for the latest information.
Sonoma County Registrar of Voters seeking public feedback on updated Election Administration Plan
The Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Office announced today that it is taking public comment through June 21 on its updated draft Election Administration Plan. The draft is available online in English and Spanish by going to socovotes.com and clicking on the View New Draft Election Administration Plan link.