Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters Office is a division of the County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Department, under the direction of an elected County Clerk. The Registrar of Voters Office performs a range of election-related duties, in addition to other public services that increase citizen participation and education.
March 2024 Presidential Primary Election
For more information, visit our March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election page.
Locations/Hours of Drop Boxes and Vote Centers
- The list of Official Ballot Drop Boxes and Vote Centers and our interactive map are now available!
Voting for President
- If you're registered with one of the six qualified political parties in California (American Independent Party, Democratic Party, Green Party, Libertarian Party, Peace and Freedom Party, Republican Party), your ballot will only include that party's presidential candidates.
- If you're not registered with one of the six qualified political parties in California, you might be able to "cross over" and vote in a qualified political party's presidential primary if that party allows it.
- Visit our March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election page or watch our video to learn more.
Sonoma County's 2023 Election Plan Approved
Sonoma County’s revised Election Administration Plan has been approved by the California Secretary of State!
- Go to the press release
- View or download the Secretary of State's approval letter (PDF)
- View or download the plan in English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese (in PDF)
- More details are available at our Election Administration Plan page
The standard deadline to register to vote in the upcoming March 5, Presidential Primary Election, is February 20, Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Deva Marie Proto reminded residents. However, eligible voters who miss this deadline still have the option to “conditionally register and vote” in person through Election Day at the Registrar of Voters office or any vote center.
No Upcoming Events...