Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters Office is a division of the County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Department, under the direction of an elected County Clerk. The Registrar of Voters Office performs a range of election-related duties, in addition to other public services that increase citizen participation and education.
For more information, visit our March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election page.
Locations/Hours of Drop Boxes and Vote Centers
- The list of Official Ballot Drop Boxes and Vote Centers and our interactive map are now available!
Voting for President
- If you're registered with one of the six qualified political parties in California (American Independent Party, Democratic Party, Green Party, Libertarian Party, Peace and Freedom Party, Republican Party), your ballot will only include that party's presidential candidates.
- If you're not registered with one of the six qualified political parties in California, you might be able to "cross over" and vote in a qualified political party's presidential primary if that party allows it.
- Visit our March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election page or watch our video to learn more.
Sonoma County's 2023 Election Plan Approved
Sonoma County’s revised Election Administration Plan has been approved by the California Secretary of State!
- Go to the press release
- View or download the Secretary of State's approval letter (PDF)
- View or download the plan in English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese (in PDF)
- More details are available at our Election Administration Plan page
Early in-person voting for the March 5 Presidential Primary Election will expand this weekend, Deva Marie Proto, Sonoma County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters, announced today. Twenty-four vote centers will open Saturday, joining seven that have been open since February 24, for a total of 31. Voters can vote at any vote center in the county; they are not assigned to a specific location.
No Upcoming Events...