Liability and Insurance
The Liability & Insurance Unit provides claims administration, risk mitigation, and insurance services to County of Sonoma departments, agencies and districts:
- Claims administration of all tort claims filed against the County, and in partnership with the County Counsel’s office, litigation management that results from such claims.
- Coordination of the County’s threat assessment team.
- Administration of the County’s self-insured programs: General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
- Procurement and management of insurance coverages to protect county assets from loss. These include coverage for property and crime loss as well as liability coverage for airport, aircraft, cyber, marina, medical malpractice, pollution, special event, and watercraft exposures.
- Risk assessment and risk control consulting services to County departments, agencies, and districts.
- Risk transfer tools including contract insurance requirements, evidence of coverage reviews, and release of liability documents.
- Development of an Enterprise Risk Management model to mitigate risk.