- About us
- Probation Payments - Restitution, Fine and Fee Payments
- Career Opportunities
- Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Partnerships and Initiatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Back to Probation
Come join our team of Probation professionals doing what works in community corrections.
Sonoma County Probation has two primary entry-level positions, Juvenile Correctional Counselor, Deputy Probation Officer, in addition to various entry-level Administrative Positions. Explore this site to find out where you would fit working with our team.
Written tests are given for most entry-level positions. All applicants are required to pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal record check, a personal background and verification process, and medical examinations, which include drug screening. Juvenile Correctional Counselor and Deputy Probation Officer positions require a psychological and physical agility test. Applicants are disqualified for felony convictions. Applicants may also be disqualified for misdemeanor convictions depending on the severity and date of the offense.
How to Apply
- Go to the Sonoma County website at http://www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org to view current job opportunities, descriptions of all County positions, and to request to be notified when a position opens.
- In addition to paid positions, the Department partners with members of the community and college students interested in contributing their time to the juvenile and adult probation populations. To learn about volunteer positions, click on the link below.
- Available internships are listed on the job opportunities website referenced in the previous paragraph.
- If you would like to volunteer, visit http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/HR/EVER/Volunteer-Program/or call the Juvenile Hall Volunteer Coordinator at (707) 565-6321.