- About us
- Probation Payments - Restitution, Fine and Fee Payments
- Career Opportunities
- Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Partnerships and Initiatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Back to Probation
We invite you to view a short video featuring Probation staff sharing about how the Department changes lives.
The Sonoma County Probation Department is committed to reducing recidivism, fostering accountability, promoting positive behavior change and safeguarding the community.
Achieving justice and enhancing community safety by making a positive difference in the lives of victims, justice system involved youth and adults, and their families.
Probation Department Values
- We are committed to intervention approaches that balance accountability with the belief that each client has the potential for positive behavior change.
Equity and Justice
- We treat people with dignity and respect, assuring fair treatment, and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- We assist and help restore victims, and are committed to preventing further victimization.
- We are dedicated to provide ethical and professional services to clients, the courts, families, victims, and the community.
- We use scientifically proven strategies to continuously improve practices and evaluate our effectiveness in preventing justice system involvement.
- We maintain a workplace that supports employees, cultivates excellence, and provides opportunities for professional growth.
- We cultivate meaningful and effective relationships with the community and justice system partners.
- We work to strengthen families, interrupt intergenerational crime and keep clients from penetrating further into the justice system.
- We build on community strengths to facilitate healthy connections for clients and their families.
- Download and view full-size organization chart (PDF: 94.3kB)