Comprehensive Perinatal Services Provider Program
Your chances for a healthy birth and a healthy baby improve when you receive supportive service and education in the areas of nutrition, psychosocial well-being and health education during your pregnancy.
The Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provides supportive and educational services for pregnant women with Medi-Cal coverage, from conception through 60 days postpartum.
As a CPSP client, you receive enhanced services, paid for by Medi-Cal, that are appropriate for your needs. This approach allows you to receive integrated care addressing your total needs and promoting your involvement and participation in your own health care.
Some Benefits of the CPSP Program:
• Health care services are client-centered
• Services are individualized for each client
• A client’s strengths are incorporated into the care plan
• Multi-disciplinary approach addresses a client’s full needs
• Services are cross culturally responsive
• A client’s choices and rights are respected
• Services are based on protocols approved by nutrition, health education and psychosocial consultant
• Linkages to services enhance the client’s care
• Client participation is voluntary
CPSP-enhanced services are offered in your physician’s office, in local community clinics, and alternative birth centers.
CPSP Providers in Sonoma County:
Santa Rosa Community Health
Alexander Valley Healthcare in Cloverdale
Alliance Medical Center in Healdsburg and Windsor
Petaluma Health Center
Rohnert Park Health Center
Santa Rosa Birth Center
Sonoma County Indian Health
Sonoma Valley Community Health Center
West County Health Centers
If you are interested in enrolling your clinic into the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program, contact your local Perinatal Services Provider. For Sonoma County:
Liz George, RN, BSN, PHN, HNB-BC, IBCLC
Perinatal Services Coordinator