Comprehensive Perinatal Services Provider Program
Keep Your Medi-Cal!
Are you a Medi-Cal Member?
Medi-Cal is currently reviewing ALL beneficiaries for continued benefits. Make sure your family’s contact information is up-to-date and report any changes in your household (especially pregnancy!)
Your chances for a healthy birth and a healthy baby improve when you receive supportive service and education in the areas of nutrition, psychosocial well-being and health education during your pregnancy.
The Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provides supportive and educational services for pregnant women with Medi-Cal coverage, from conception through 60 days postpartum.
As a CPSP client, you receive enhanced services, paid for by Medi-Cal, that are appropriate for your needs. This approach allows you to receive integrated care addressing your total needs and promoting your involvement and participation in your own health care.
Some Benefits of the CPSP Program
• Services are individualized for each client
• A client’s strengths are incorporated into the care plan
• Multi-disciplinary approach addresses a client’s full needs
• Services are cross culturally responsive
• Services are based on protocols approved by nutrition, health education and psychosocial consultant
• Linkages to services enhance the client’s care
• Client participation is voluntary