- Home Visiting
- Pregnancy and Women's Health
- Infant and Children's Health
- Teen Health
- Find a Doctor / Get Health Insurance
- Birth Control
- Grief and Bereavement Support
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program
- Resources and Toolkits for Perinatal Service Providers
- Perinatal Resources for LGBTQ+ Folks
- Back to School Resources
- National Breastfeeding Awareness Month
- MPX and Pregnancy
- Perinatal Mental Health Toolkit
- Interconception care
- Good News: Kids Vax, PRM, Doulas, CHWs, and TIA PHN
- 2 Years or beyond
- Roe v Wade a Public Health and an Equity Issue
- Resources and Supports for Fathers
- Racial Equity and Health
- What is a Doula?
- Formula shortage resources
- Fentanyl Awareness
- COVID effects on child development
- Maternal Mental Health Month updates
- Perinatal Hepatitis Updates
- Medi-Cal Covers Postpartum Care for 12 Months
- Perinatal Hemorrhage Toolkit
- Keeping Medi-Cal beneficiaries Covered
- Maternal Mental Health Forum
- Spring e-Newsletter
- How to be a Breast/Chestfeeding Ally
- Women’s History Month
- Public Health Home Visiting Programs
- Promote Dental Care During Pregnancy
- Portrait of Sonoma County
- Love and Sex and Sexually Transmitted Infection. PrEP for Women and During Pregnancy- February 9, 2022
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, data, training, patient information - January 26, 2022
- Covid updates: Vaccination during pregnancy talking points, new booster requirements and isolations guidelines - January 5, 2022
- Financial literacy and financial well-being are important to overall health - January 19, 2022
- Birth Defects. Learn more about what causes, and how to prevent, Birth Defects - January 12, 2022
- Back to Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health
Grief and Bereavement Support
If you or someone that you know has experienced the death of an infant or a child or the loss of a pregnancy, we offer our sincere condolences. This loss can be devastating and life changing. You are not alone; grief counselors and other families who have experienced fetal demise or the death of an infant or a child are available to provide support.
Sonoma County SUID/SIDS Program education and support
What is SUID and SIDS?
Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) is the death of an infant under one year of age that occurs suddenly and unexpectedly. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is a type of SUID that cannot be explained even after a thorough investigation.
Learn more about SUID and SIDS at the NIH Safe to Sleep website.
The Sonoma County SUID/SIDS Program can provide Safe Sleep Education for community groups and childcare providers, please call us at 800-427-8982 for more information about our safe sleep trainings.
California SIDS Program - The California SIDS Program focuses on providing education about SIDS, grief counseling, and what can be done to reduce the risk of SIDS, such as placing babies on their back to sleep.
Grief and Loss Support for families following fetal, infant or child loss
A Public Health Nurse Can Help
Public health nurses are specially trained in bereavement. Public health nurses provide home visits for grief support, information, and referrals to link families and caregivers affected by SUID/SIDS and fetal loss with resources for healing. For more information, please call us at 800-427-8982. English and Spanish speaking nurses are available.
First Candle - 24-hour grief line. Grief counseling any time day or night for a family member in need. They offer one-on-one support and access to materials and local support services. Call 1-800-221-7437 English and Spanish speakers available.
The Compassionate Friends – Family support after the death of a child of any age. Online support groups and private Facebook groups. Call 1-877-969-0010 English and Spanish speakers available.
MISS Foundation - Monthly free support groups, Hope Mentors, and family support information and resource packets.
March of Dimes – Miscarriage, loss, and grief- Making a place in your heart and mind for the memories of your baby.
Mothers’ Milk Bank - Breastmilk donation following loss.
General Resources for Grief and Loss
24 Hour Line for Grief Support: 1-800-837-1818
Local Grief Counseling Services (all resources are free)
Hospice of Petaluma
Memorial Hospice (Santa Rosa)
North County Hospice (Healdsburg)
Sutter Bereavement and Grief Support
(707) 535-5700-English Only
Kaiser Bereavement Support
Grief Share – Free local grief recovery program includes video seminar, personal study, and reflection and support group discussion.