Keep Your Medi-Cal!
Are you a Medi-Cal Member?
Medi-Cal is currently reviewing ALL beneficiaries for continued benefits. Make sure your family’s contact information is up-to-date and report any changes in your household (especially pregnancy!)
Sonoma County Maternal Child and Adolescent Health is dedicated to promoting physical, social, and emotional health and well-being for pregnant persons, children, adolescents, and their families through information, education, and resources. We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and anti-racist values. All community members are welcome and safe to use our services.
This page is new! Please let us know if we have missed anything, or mis-stated anything. This website is for you and we welcome your feedback: 800-427-8982
- The Family Acceptance Project has resources to prevent health risks, strengthen families and build healthy futures for LGBTQ and gender diverse children and youth.
- The Human Rights Campaign provides current resources and tools for issues facing LGBTQ+ headed families and LGBTQ+ youth.
- Positive Images provides support, advocacy, and education to Sonoma County’s LGBTQIA+ Community.
- Learn to be a better ally with resources from PFLAG.
- PFLAG Glossary: search words and phrases to understand what they mean.
- What are Neopronouns, and how do I use them?
Health and Pregnancy
- Every Woman California Resources for LGBTQ+- What does living your best life mean to you? Every Woman California has the resources to help you be the best version of yourself you can be.
- The Gender Expansive Service Clinic at West County Health Centers offers gender affirming primary and specialty care, including medical, behavioral, and mental health for all ages.
- The UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health offers information and resources on Trans Persons and Fertility, Sexual Health for Transwomen and Sexual Health for Transmen. See their website for resources in Spanish.
- Paths to Parenthood for LGBTQ+ persons from Fertility IQ helps you to understand the options, and how to optimize the process along the way.
- Birth Bruja offers online support groups, workshops & community events on a broad range of topics such as reproductive care skill building, reclaiming ancestral traditions, healing from sexual violence, cultivating community, and more.
- Breast/chestfeeding support for transgender and non-binary parents from La Leche League International.
- PrEP for Transwomen has the resources, learn more about staying HIV negative.
- Maternal Mental Health Now offers a Queer and Trans Perinatal Mental Health Toolkit that includes stories, information, resources and inclusive practices.
- LGBTQIA+ Youth Support Groups: https://www.posimages.org/lgbtq-support-groups/
- LGBTQIA+ Adult Support Groups: https://www.posimages.org/trans-support-groups/
- Trans Lifeline Offers a peer support phone service run by trans people for our trans and questioning peers. Call if you need someone trans to talk to, even if you’re not in crisis or not sure you’re trans.
- The Partnership to End Addiction offers support resources and information about how showing love, acceptance and support is essential to promoting your child’s well-being.
- The Trevor Project free and confidential phone, instant message, and text messaging crisis intervention services 866-488-7386 email/text/chat.
- Trans Lifeline is a grassroots hotline offering direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis.
- LGBTQ Connection of Sonoma and Napa Counties provides a safe and trusted space to cultivate hubs of vibrant activities and caring community.
- Sonoma County Pride reports Sonoma County is the second “gayest” metropolitan area in the nation with 7.63 same-sex couples per 1,000 households, behind San Francisco with 12.4. Check out the Pride Community Calendar for monthly local events.
- Join the GSA Network, a next generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains youth leaders.
- The Sonoma County Library has a Teen Pride Book Club for teens grades 7-12. Meet with other teens to discuss books centering LGBTQ+ voices!
- Contribute to Here + Queer Sonoma County, a project to collect, archive, and amplify the histories of Sonoma County’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities. Contributions will be available through the Sonoma County Library Digital Collections.