- Agencies that Oversee Special Food Processes
- Easy Steps for Healthy Food Service
- Food Facility Inspections
- Food Facility Operating Permit
- Food Handler Card
- Food Safety Manager Certification
Mobile Food Facilities
- Trucks & Trailers
- Mobile Food Permit
- Certified Commercial Kitchens
- Summary of mobile food facility regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram Limited
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram Lmited large
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad Limitada movil
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil Limitada grande
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil grande
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram large
- Temporary Food Facility Permit for Community Events
- Community Event Organizer Permit
- Food Facility Drawing Designers
- Pet Dogs in Outdoor Dining Areas
- Food Safety Guidelines During a Power Outage
- Food and Water Safety During and After a Flood
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Plans
- Cal-code Article 4 Handwashing
- Flooring Guidelines
- Exhaust Hood Fabricators
- Air Balance Testing Companies
- Food Facilities with Private Water Wells
- Minimal Preparation Operational Requirements
- Moderate Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Minimal Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Extensive Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Grease Trap Oversight Jurisdictions
- Food Facility Drawing Requirements
- Temporary Food Facility Definitions and Operating Requirements
- Guidance to Community Events for Wineries and Breweries
- Farmers Market Food Permit
- Cottage Food Operations (CFO's)
- Water Heater Guidelines and Worksheet
- When an employee tests positive
- Back to Food Safety Program
Food Safety Manager Certification
Who Needs a Food Safety Manager Certification?
Most food facilities are required to have at least one person, an owner or designated employee, who has passed an approved food safety certification exam. Most of the other facility employees are required to have a California Food Handler Card.
New food facilities have 60 days after opening day to obtain certification. Certification is valid for five (5) years from the date of issuance.
Certificates are granted to those who pass the food safety manager certification exam.
We strongly recommend that you take a food safety manager certification class, but the class is not required.
Classes and exams are available from these providers and are approved by the American National Standards Institute and Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP):
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- ServSafe - National Restaurant Association
To reprint your certificate call (800) 446-0257 or visit the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals website.
The Department of Health Services makes no assumption of quality and makes no warranties regarding businesses appearing on this list. This list is simply a public listing provided for customer convenience, and is not a recommendation or endorsement by the Department.
- To be added or removed from this list, please contact Environmental Health & Safety.