- Agencies that Oversee Special Food Processes
- Easy Steps for Healthy Food Service
- Food Facility Inspections
- Food Facility Operating Permit
- Food Handler Card
- Food Safety Manager Certification
Mobile Food Facilities
- Trucks & Trailers
- Mobile Food Permit
- Certified Commercial Kitchens
- Summary of mobile food facility regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram Limited
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram Lmited large
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad Limitada movil
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil Limitada grande
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil grande
- Muestra del diagrama de plomeria para unidad movil
- Mobile Food Facility Plumbing Diagram large
- Temporary Food Facility Permit for Community Events
- Community Event Organizer Permit
- Food Facility Drawing Designers
- Pet Dogs in Outdoor Dining Areas
- Food Safety Guidelines During a Power Outage
- Food and Water Safety During and After a Flood
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Plans
- Cal-code Article 4 Handwashing
- Flooring Guidelines
- Exhaust Hood Fabricators
- Air Balance Testing Companies
- Food Facilities with Private Water Wells
- Minimal Preparation Operational Requirements
- Moderate Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Minimal Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Extensive Preparation Temporary Food Facility Operational Requirements
- Grease Trap Oversight Jurisdictions
- Food Facility Drawing Requirements
- Temporary Food Facility Definitions and Operating Requirements
- Guidance to Community Events for Wineries and Breweries
- Farmers Market Food Permit
- Cottage Food Operations (CFO's)
- Water Heater Guidelines and Worksheet
- When an employee tests positive
- Back to Food Safety Program
Food Facility Operating Permit
You need a food facility operating permit when:
- You are building a new food facility.
- You are purchasing an existing food facility (change of ownership).
- You are opening a food facility in a building that is not currently open, or has not operated as a food facility.
Avoid possible delays!
Contact your local building department for any building, construction, and fire system requirements when you begin the food facility operating permit application process.
Change of Ownership
New owners must contact a food inspector to determine which permitting process they need to complete.
Start by Contacting a Food Inspector
Contact Environmental Health & Safety to talk with one of our food inspectors. Your inspector will:
- Determine if your facility needs a site review. See fee schedule for current fees.
- Make recommendations to help you develop your food facility plan, if needed.
- Determine which permitting process you need to complete.
You may contact us by:
- Call (707) 565-6565
After you receive the inspector's feedback, you are ready to move on to the next step.
The Permitting Processes
After discussing the various aspects of your food facility, the inspector will determine which permitting process you need to complete:
- New Construction or Major Upgrades
A plan review and construction inspection is needed before you submit your health permit application.
- Minor Upgrades
You must work with your inspector to identify and remedy the minor upgrades needed before you submit your health permit application.
- No Upgrades Required
No site review or plan review required; you may submit your health permit application.
- Tasting Room Permit Exemption
Your beer or wine tasting room may apply for a health permit exemption.
- Not sure which permitting process you need to complete? Please contact your food inspector or our offices at 707-565-6565.