Skip to Content

Farmers Market Food Permit

Who Needs a Farmers Market Food Permit?

If you are selling fresh fruits, nuts, vegetables, shell eggs, honey, flowers, and nursery stock you will need a Certified Producer Certificate from the Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures.

  • If you want a permit to sell food at a farmers market you will need a Temporary Food Facility Permit. A permit is required for each point of sale location operating at the same time. 

Certified Producer Resources

The Sonoma County Farmers’ Markets were established to provide raw agricultural products directly to the consumer throughout the county.