Suicide / Overdose Attempt
- My name is (name).
- I'm calling from (location address).
- My family member's/loved one's (name, age, phone number and address).
- He/She has a mental health condition. He/She is diagnosed with (diagnosis).
- He/She has attempted suicide:
- If Pills: He/She took (kind of pill) in the amount of (quantity and dosage of pills) and they were taken at (time/date).
- If Weapon: He /She has (type of weapon) and it is (location of weapon).
- The last contact I had with He/She was at (time/date), by (phone or in person) and contact was made by (you or family member/loved one).
- He/She lives with (name of person[s] or alone).
- He/She has a previous history of suicide attempts and in the past they (method used).
- He/She has (list other physical or health issues).
Dispatcher will want to keep the caller on the line in case responding officers/deputies have any further questions.