9-4 Information Technology Professionals Policy -Section IV: Business Continuity Management Policy
What’s on this Page
Section IV: Business Continuity Management Policy
Read next: Section V: Change Management Policy
IV. Business Continuity Management Policy
This Policy establishes requirements for Local Information Service Providers to develop and maintain a business continuity plan.
- Business Continuity Plan
Local Information Service Providers must develop and implement a business continuity plan to maintain or restore operations and ensure availability of information, following interrupts to or failures of business processes. The Plan includes:
- Identification of and agreement on all responsibilities and operational procedures;
- Disaster recovery/business continuity procedures;
- A data backup plan to ensure recovery of data;
- Specification of alternative operational procedures;
- Documentation of the above plan elements; and
- Testing and updating of the plan.