- Winter Storm Event 2023
- 1-1 Advisory Bodies Roles and Relationships
- 1-2 Providing County Support of Grant Applications from Outside Agencies
- 2-1 Policy for Submitting Agenda Items
- 2-2 Departmental Representation at BOS Meetings
- 2-3 Policy for Board Chambers Security
- 3-1 Policy for Appropriation Transfers
- 3-2 Travel and Meal Reimbursements
- 3-3 Interdepartmental Billings for Services Policy
- 3-4 Policy for Memberships to Professional Associations & Organizations – Use of Public Funds
- 4-1 Performance Evaluations
- 4-2 Policy for Position Allocation List
- 4-3 Position Reclassifications
- 4-4 EEO Policy
- 4-5 Departmental/Internal Reorganizations
- 4-6 Policy for Hiring/Retaining Personnel Services in EMP or Ind. Contractor Status - See Civil Service Rules
- 4-7 Policy for Flexible Merit Increases
- 4-8 Advanced Salary Step Appointments
- 4-9 Policy for Relocation Incentives
- 4-10 Medical Leave Policy
- 4-11 Preemployment Preplacement Screening Policy
- 4-12 COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy
- 4-13 Telework Policy
- 5-1 Vehicle Use
- 5-2 Policy for Capital Project and Asset Responsibility
- 5-3 Public Art Policy
- 6-1 Records Retention Storage Destruction Policy
- 6-2 Incompatible Activities Policy
- 6-3 TTrD Policy
- 6-4 Safety Management Policy
- 6-5 Identity Theft Prevention Program
- 7-1 Purchasing Policy
- 7-2 Real Property Acquisition and Management Policy
- 8-1 Investigations of Alleged Inappropriate Activities
- 8-2 Reasonable Suspicion Policy
- 8-3 Safety and Security for County Employees
- 8-4 Policy for Receipt and Distribution of Tickets or Passes
- 9-1 Official Use of Social Media Sites Policy
- 9-2 IT Use and Security Policy
- 9-3 Website Accessibility Policy
- 9-4 Information Technology Professionals Policy
- 9-5 Information Technology Governance Policy
- Employee & Volunteer Engagement & Recognition (EVER)
- Combined Fund Drive
- Accessibility Assistance
- Back to Employee Services
The Dimensions (time-and-attendance) system is for the exclusive use of authorized Sonoma County Government Employees within County Government Only. Any unauthorized access through this system will be prosecuted under applicable laws.
Please note: to use this system your department/section must be active on the system and you should have an established Dimensions account with valid password. If you have any questions regarding authorized access to this service, please contact your supervisor.
Access to Your Timecard
There are approximately 5,000 employees utilizing the timekeeping system to enter daily time. There are a few things to keep in mind as you utilize the system.
- To log onto the system you will utilize your five digit employee number and a current password.
- Best practice dictates that your password should be changed every 90 days. We recommend you do so at the time you are prompted to change your Windows password.
- If you attempt to log onto the system more than three times unsuccessfully, the system will lock you out. If you attempt to log onto the system more than three times unsuccessfully, the system will lock you out. If this happens, wait five minutes and the account will be automatically unlocked.
- For training tools, please visit Dimensions Training Resources
Internet users' URL address
For all issues and support, please contact your departments payroll clerk.
The Dimensions System will support real-time processing of all transactions related to the County's time and attendance data collection including:
Time Collection: Most County employees have access to the Dimensions system on the web. Those without access to a computer or kiosk have designated time-keepers or payroll clerks to enter their time data. Employees access the system, based upon their security rating, through either the Internet or the County Intranet. All data interfaces directly with the County’s payroll system, thus eliminating the need for payroll clerks to compile, correct, summarize and manually key time transactions for most employees every other week!
Cost Accounting: The system allows County employees to enter labor distribution information (project, activity, task, etc.) in combination with time and attendance information. This provides a foundation for county-wide cost accounting.
Scheduling: Schedules for each employee are maintained in the system, and serve as a basis for applying the correct pay rules and pay codes.
Reporting: The system provides real-time employee reports (time, attendance, earnings, leave balances, etc.), as well as departmental reports (electronic and paper).
Efficient time-entry systems are the bedrock of successful cost accounting. Knowing how much time is spent on each task is critically important when estimating costs for programs, and when producing invoices for the County’s customers.
Dimensions allows the County to support flex schedules, and facilitates on-line supervisor review and sign-offs. This system allows the County to produce information about hours worked by task, by multiple pay periods, and across many departments and divisions.