- About Us
- Our Leadership Team
- Services Overview
- Mission and Values
- Upstream Investments
- Employment Agencies
- Human Services FAQ
- Boards, Commissions, & Committees
- Back to Human Services
Mission and Values
Serving and Supporting the Community
The Sonoma County Human Services Department strives to support the health, safety and well-being of individuals, families and the community.
Every day, our programs and services benefit more than 100,000 seniors, veterans, adults, teens, children and people with disabilities, through our four service divisions:
- Adult & Aging helps ensure the safety, independence and well-being of older adults, persons with disabilities, and military veterans and their families.
- Economic Assistance helps low-income and other individuals and families apply for money for food, health care, dental care, financial assistance and other services to meet basic needs.
- Employment and Training provides job search, employment and training services, cash aid, and supportive services for residents, and helps business and other employers find qualified job applicants for positions.
- Family, Youth & Children’s Services helps ensure the safety and well-being of children and teens who have been abused, neglected or abandoned.
The Department also serves the community through:
- Initiatives and Collaborations, providing staff support or engagement related to its human services mission. These include Upstream Investments and the READY program.
- The Sonoma County Human Services Department invites you to meet Our Leadership Team.