Skip to Content

Human Services Department

Adult and Aging Division

I Need a Caregiver

Older adult being cared for by daughter in the home

Get the care you need to stay living at home

In order to stay living safely at home, eligible older adults and disabled residents of all ages, can apply for support from paid in-home care providers. IHSS clients get help with day-to-day tasks that they cannot do themselves. 

How to Apply for In-Home Care

  • Call Information and Assistance at (707) 565-INFO (4636) or
  • Email contact information to

Who is Eligible for In-Home Care

    California residents, including older adults and disabled residents of all ages who:
    1. live in their own house or rent,
    2. need help from a caregiver to remain at home safely and independently,
    3. is receiving or is eligible for Medi-Cal and
    4. submit a completed Health Care Certification form (after speaking with an In-Home Supportive Services staff member)
    Find more eligibility information by calling In-Home Supportive Services at (707) 565-5900