SonomaWORKS: Cash Assistance for Families
How SonomaWORKS Can Help You
SonomaWORKS provides temporary help in the form of cash assistance for families with minor children who have little or no money.
SonomaWORKS can also help qualifying adults build skills toward getting and keeping a job to support your family.
Who may be eligible for SonomaWORKS?
- An adult caring for
- A child under age 18, or
- A child under age 19 if the child is in high school or vocational school.
- A pregnant person
- A teen parent under age 18
- A relative caring for a child
- Certain Refugees, Asylees, Cuban/Haitian Entrants, certain Humanitarian Parolees, Special Immigrant Visa Holders, Amerasians, and Noncitizen Victims of Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, and Other Serious Crimes, who also meet one of the categories listed above.
We will review your family’s situation to determine if you qualify.
Services you may receive can include:
- A monthly cash grant for CalWORKs (TANF), as well as CalFresh, and Medi-cal, if eligible
- Transportation help
- Housing Support Program (HSP) for homeless or at risk of homeless housing assistance
- Skills and strengths assessments
- Job search assistance
- On-the-job training, college classes
- English as a second language services
- GED test preparation
- Mental health counseling
- Substance use disorder services
- Support for those affected by domestic violence
- Legal Services
- Job Retention Services
How to apply:
Hours to apply: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:30pm
Phone: (707) 565-5500