Covered California is the one-stop website where Californians can buy brand-name, private health insurance under the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Anyone can buy health insurance through Covered California, but eligibility for financial help is based on income.
Find out if you qualify
Visit CoveredCA.com to:
• Learn about health plan options
• See if you qualify for a discount on private health insurance
• Find out if you're eligible for California's low-/no-cost Medi-Cal program
Open enrollment starts in the fall, but you may be eligible for special enrollment if you experience a qualifying life event, such as:
- Marriage or divorce
- Having a baby
- Losing health care coverage
- Moving to another county within California
- Moving to California from out of state
Health Insurance Options in Sonoma County
In Sonoma County, these companies offer health plans through Covered California:
- Blue Shield of California
- Health Net Life
- Kaiser Permanente
- Western Health Advantage
For Small BusinessesCovered California also makes affordable health coverage available to small business employers and their employees.
Visit Covered California for Small Business for more information.
To Apply for Covered California
To apply, fill out the online application on the Covered California website or call (800) 300-1506.
To get in-person help to apply, visit:
- Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa
- Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma
- One of many community locations around Sonoma County to contact a no-cost Certified Enrollment Counselors.