Skip to Content

Department of Human Services

Adult and Aging Division

Care Management

You, or someone you care for, want to remain living at home with an illness, injury or disability. However, you need support to find and manage services to stay safe and independent in your home.

The Adult & Aging Division offers three care management programs that can help:

  • Linkages
  • In-Home Care Management
  • Home- and Community-Based Alternatives

The goal of each is to help eligible clients stay safely at home as an alternative to moving to a nursing home or care facility.

Each provides a different level of support -- from referrals to supportive services to arranging and coordinating needed services to in-home monitoring of the health and safety of individuals with more skilled care needs. Eligibility for each program is based on the person’s level of need for care.

Read each program's list of services and eligibility criteria to choose the one that best fits your needs and situation. Complete and submit the online application for the program. If you have questions, please call us.

Care Management Programs


Linkages care managers and clients work together to identify resources and services that help them live independently at home. Linkages offers short-term care management with connections to local, non-profit and government programs that fit the client’s needs.

Home and Community-Based Alternatives Waiver

HCBA is for clients of all ages who are medically fragile, with complex physical conditions that require more skilled care. As an alternative to nursing home or institutional living, the program helps put supportive services in place to allow them to stay at home.

Multipurpose Senior Services Program

With support from the MSSP Care Management Team, frail seniors can remain in their own homes rather than move to a nursing home.

Senior Resource Guide

The Sonoma County Senior Resource Guide / Guia De Recursos lists hundreds of local programs that are helpful to seniors, their families and their caregivers. 

Call for Answers on Aging

Talk with a social worker about helpful programs and services.