- Agricultural Disaster Survey
- Agricultural Statistics
- Air Pollution
- Animal Damage Control Program
- Apple Standards
- Biological Control
- Direct Marketing Program
- Egg Quality Control
- European Grapevine Moth
- Frost Protection for Vineyards & Orchards
- Fruits Nuts & Vegetable Standardization
- Hazardous Materials Program
- Industrial Hemp
- Light Brown Apple Moth (LBAM) Program
- Nursery and Seed Inspection
- Organic Program
- Pest Management
- Pest Exclusions
- Pest Eradication
- Pest Detection
- Pesticide Use Enforcement
- Plastic Recycle
- Project Review
- Ag Access
- Crop Reports
- Accessibility Assistance
- Back to County Of Sonoma
Grower Workshop Update and Online Continuing Education Options
Published: October 20, 2021
The Sonoma County Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures (AWM) has decided not to host an in-person Grower Workshop again this December. After evaluating other workshop options, we have decided to collaborate with the UC Cooperative Extension in the UCCE North Coast Virtual IPM Seminar in early December. This virtual two half-day workshop is scheduled for December 1 and 2, 2021 from 8:00 am to 12:15 pm each day. A total of 7.5 continuing education units have been approved from DPR; 2 hours of Laws & Regs, and 5.5 hours of Other. To view the agenda and to register, please visit https://surveys.ucanr.edu/survey.cfm?surveynumber=35854. If you have questions about the seminar, please contact the Sonoma County UCCE office at (707) 565-2621.
For those holding the following State licenses and/or certificates, the requirements for obtaining accredited CE hours are still in effect. The Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) encourages submitting completed renewal applications to DPR by October 1, 2021 to best ensure you receive your new license/certificate before the new year. Processing time is 60 days for applications with payments processed by November 1, 2021. Applications received after November 1, 2021 may experience a longer processing time and you may not receive your license/certificate by January 1, 2022.
- Agricultural Pest Control Adviser Licensees (PCA)
- Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certificate Holders – Journeyman (JP) & Apprentice (AP)
- Qualified Applicator Licensees (QAL)
- Qualified Applicator Certificate Holders (QAC)
Private Applicator Certificate (PAC) holders have two renewal options:
Complete six hours of DPR-approved continuing education (CE) every three years, including at least two hours of laws and regulations.
AWM will need to see records proving your attendance of continuing education classes in order to renew your certificate. All CE hours must be obtained during the period the PAC is valid. A private applicator certificate can be renewed no sooner than 120 days prior to or 90 days after expiration date.
Retake and pass the private applicator certification exam.
- Less than 12 months at the time of renewal – are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
- 12 to 24 months at the time of renewal – must complete four hours of continuing education, including at least two hours in laws and regulations.
- 25 to 36 months at the time of renewal – must take at least six hours of continuing education, including at least two hours of laws and regulations.
Listed below are websites you can visit to earn CE hours. Please make sure the class is accredited in California. Print out a confirmation that you took the class and keep for your records. There may be fees for some of the classes.