The Sonoma County Fish and Wildlife Commission’s scholarship program is designed to provide tangible encouragement and public recognition for academic achievement or community service to students with a course of study in the fields of natural resource management, environmental restoration, and/or preservation.
The scholarships, in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000) each, will be awarded to up to five (5) Sonoma County students.
- Resident of Sonoma County
- Enrollment in, or plan to enroll in a course of study in the area of botany, zoology, environmental science, marine science, resource management, natural science, wildlife conservation, resource conservation/restoration, fisheries or other biology, or oceanography at a college campus
- Currently enrolled at a student level of high school senior (entering college in Fall 2022) through graduate school
- Completed scholarship application form (PDF: 1.9 MB)
- School transcript for the past academic year
- Two letters of recommendation
Completed application packet, including application form (PDF: 1.9 MB), transcript, and letters of recommendation, must be received in our office or postmarked by April 30, 2022, to be considered for the award. Applications received or postmarked after March 31, 2022, will not be considered.
Please mail completed applications to:
Sonoma County Department of Agriculture
ATTN: Fish and Wildlife Commission Scholarship Coordinator
133 Aviation Boulevard, Suite 110
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Drop box available
Award notifications will be mailed out on June 1, 2022.