The Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures plans to hold plastic container recycling events twice per year (Spring and Fall). Check our Calendar for dates.
Location may vary by event. Please see event listing for location address and additional information.
Plastic containers ranging in size from 1 pint to 55 gallons will be accepted.
Containers must be:
- Plastic containers ranging from 1 pint to 55 gallons
- Containers must be triple-rinsed and dried
- Containers 15 gallons and larger must be cut into quarters prior to bringing to Recycling Day
- All plastic lids, plastic/metal handles and rings, label booklets, and plastic sleeves must
be removed (glued labels accepted)
- Secure containers in trucks and trailers during
Pesticide Container Rinse Certification Form (PDF: 100kB)
Materials Not Accepted
- Plastic tubing
- PVC pipe
- Plastic measuring cups
- 5-gallon bucket lids
- Metal or plastic handles
- Containers that held motor oil, anti-freeze, and/or diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)
- Any other miscellaneous plastics
Events are open to
- Pest Control Business
- Golf Courses
- Government Agencies