- About us
- Ad Hoc Committees
- Commission Meetings
- Junior Commission on the Status of Women
- Resources for Women And Girls
- Back to Junior Commission on the Status of Women
How Can I Become a Junior Commissioner?
Each Spring 10 to 16 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a one-year term that runs concurrent with the school year.
If you would like more information about the Junior Commissioner project, please contact the Commission’s office.
Why Should I Become a Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate and learn about County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem