Election Administration Plan
Sonoma County Is Now Officially a "Voter's Choice Act" County!
California's Voter's Choice Act (VCA) requires counties wishing to transition to the Voter's Choice Act (VCA) election model to develop an Election Administration Plan that provides transparency and informs voters about all aspects of the model. This includes the services and information available at vote centers and ballot drop box locations.
Counties are also required to hold multiple public meetings with representatives and stakeholders from different communities, particularly voters with disabilities and language minority voters. The Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Office hosted three such meetings via Zoom in May of 2021.
Suggestions and comments received were taken into account when composing the first draft of Sonoma County's Election Administration Plan, which was posted online in June of 2021. Public comments on the first draft were sought from July 8, 2021, to July 23, 2021, followed by three additional public hearings that were held via Zoom in August of 2021.
Public feedback was then incorporated into an amended draft plan, which was in turn released to the public for comment from November 19, 2021, to December 7, 2021. A final plan was then submitted to the California Secretary of State's Office for review and approved on December 23, 2021.
- Final Election Administration Plan (English)
- Final Election Administration Plan (Spanish)
- Final Election Administration Plan (Tagalog)
- Final Election Administration Plan (Vietnamese)
- Appendix C - Media Partners (English)
- Appendix D - Budget (English)
- Appendix E - Sample Vote Center Layout (English)
- Appendix F - Communication Action Plan (English)
Updated November 19, 2021
- Election Administration Plan Amended Draft (Vietnamese)