WARNING: ELECTIONEERING PROHIBITED!
VIOLATIONS CAN LEAD TO FINES AND/OR IMPRISONMENT.
- Within the immediate vicinity of a person in line to cast their ballot or within 100 feet of the
entrance of a polling place, curbside voting or drop box the following activities are prohibited.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED:
- DO NOT ask a person to vote for or against any candidate or ballot measure.
- DO NOT display a candidate’s name, image, or logo.
- DO NOT block access to or loiter near any ballot drop boxes.
- DO NOT provide any material or audible information for or against any candidate or ballot
measure near any polling place, vote center, or ballot drop box.
- DO NOT circulate any petitions, including for initiatives, referenda, recall, or candidate
- DO NOT distribute, display, or wear any clothing (hats, shirts, signs, buttons, stickers) that
include a candidate’s name, image, logo, and/or support or oppose any candidate or ballot
- DO NOT display information or speak to a voter about the voter’s eligibility to vote.
The electioneering prohibitions summarized above are set forth in Article 7 of Chapter 4 of
Division 18 of the California Elections Code.