Weekly Roundup for November 17, 2023
Published: November 17, 2023
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- Latest edition of SoCo Correspondent now available
- Community webinar on homelessness November 29
- Sonoma County needs you: Serve on a board or commission
- Other Sonoma County news of note
Latest edition of SoCo Correspondent now available
The latest issue of the SoCo Correspondent, Sonoma County’s digital newsletter is now available.
- Sonoma County ag sector yields $796 million bounty despite drought
- Report: Sonoma County landscapes could play key role in removing carbon from atmosphere
- County hires new Public Health Officer
- Demolition to make way for Roseland Village
- And more
To read the newsletter and subscribe, please visit:
Public forum on homelessness happens November 29
The public is invited to participate in an online forum on homelessness November 29. The forum will begin with a brief discussion on homeless experiences, followed by a Q&A session to learn more about the experiences of our neighbors who have lived through homelessness in Sonoma County.
Featured speakers will be Chessy Etheridge, Continuum of Care Board Member with lived experience of homelessness, and Rebekah Sammet, Lived Experience Advisory and Planning Board Chair.
For details, including the Zoom link for the meeting, please visit:
Sonoma County needs you: Serve on a board or commission
Take part in how Sonoma County is governed by serving on a board, commission, committee or task force. It’s a great way to learn about local services and make a difference in our community.
Citizens bring a broad range of ideas and expertise and are a critical component for the public decision-making of elected officials and governmental staff.
Be part of the solution by applying for one of the current openings, such as:
- Child Care Planning Council of Sonoma County: https://bit.ly/3ugBzq5
- Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County: https://bit.ly/47b9a2V
- Green Valley Cemetery District: https://bit.ly/46BFCLk
- Independent Citizens’ Pension Committee: https://bit.ly/3sxvGnO
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Advisory Board: https://bit.ly/3ufKMyO
For a full list of vacancies and information about the application process, visit https://bit.ly/3QZK3e7.
Other Sonoma County news of note
Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office Awarded Grant from the Office of Traffic Safety for Specialized DUI Prosecution Team
Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport welcomes return of seasonal nonstop service to Palm Springs
Sonoma County to host second job and resource fair for homeless November 16 in Petaluma
Board of Supervisors, County Administrator issue statement of support for Health Services Director Tina Rivera