Weekly Roundup for November 3, 2023
Published: November 03, 2023
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- Free fall outings with Sonoma County Ag + Open Space
- Volunteers needed for Nov. 16 job fair for homeless community
- Explore a career with County of Sonoma
- Other Sonoma County news of note
FREE FALL OUTINGS WITH SONOMA COUNTY AG + OPEN SPACE
Join Sonoma County Ag + Open Space and community partners for a series of exciting and free fall outings that promise plenty of adventure. Registration is required.
Upcoming fall excursions include:
- Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to noon: Sears Point Marsh walk, Sonoma
- Sunday, Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Adventure hike up Pole Mountain, west county
- Saturday, Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Glen Oaks Ranch walk, Glen Ellen
- Sunday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Raptor walk with Larry Broderick at the Estero Americano Preserve, south county
- Saturday, Nov. 18 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.: Morning jog along the Discovery Trail, south county
For additional information and to secure your spot, please visit: https://ow.ly/7yN850Q1cB4
Plus, join Sonoma County Regional Parks this Saturday, Nov. 4, from 9 a.m. to noon to help preserve a local stretch of the Bay Area Ridge Trail within Helen Putnam Regional Park in Petaluma. Volunteers from around the Bay Area are working to nurture the 400+ miles of the Ridge Trail. Sonoma County Regional Parks is teaming up with Redwood Trails Alliance for this important endeavor.
As a token of appreciation, all volunteers will enjoy a complimentary lunch and can win fantastic prizes.
Sign up at: https://ridgetrail.org/ServiceDay/
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR NOV. 16 JOB FAIR FOR HOMELESS COMMUNITY
Volunteers are needed for the Job and Resources Fair for Homeless or at-Risk Individuals on Thursday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at 320 N. McDowell Blvd. in Petaluma.
Event organizers are especially in need of bilingual volunteers to assist attendees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Learn more at: https://joblinksonoma.org/event/job-resource-fair/
EXPLORE A CAREER WITH COUNTY OF SONOMA
Are you ready to take the next step in your career journey? The County of Sonoma offers fantastic career opportunities and an incredible team.
Check out the latest listings:
- Adult and Aging Social Work Supervisor, Human Services — https://bit.ly/49bPOfA
- Juvenile Corrections Counselor I, II and III, Probation — https://bit.ly/3Sv4YH7
- Licensed Vocational Nurse I and II – Health Services — https://bit.ly/49ltxw8
- Mining Program Coordinator, Permit Sonoma — https://bit.ly/49gkjkx
- Regional Parks Work Experience Intern, Regional Parks – https://bit.ly/3PMD723
To explore job descriptions, qualifications and application details, please visit the career portal at: https://bit.ly/3Js0XOg, or call (707) 565-2331 for additional information.
OTHER SONOMA COUNTY NEWS OF NOTE
Sonoma County’s updated Election Administration Plan approved by California Secretary of State
Sonoma County Housing Element certified by California Department of Housing and Urban Development