Weekly Roundup for March 17, 2023
Published: March 17, 2023
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- Free upcoming home energy workshops
- Job and resource fair for homeless March 22
- Emergency housing plan webinar available
- Other Sonoma County news of note
Free Upcoming Home Energy Workshops
The County of Sonoma’s Climate Action and Resiliency Division is pleased to announce the latest homeowner workshops in an on-going series for those interested in learning more about the benefits of making improvements that will help make your home more energy efficient and resilient.
The online workshops cover a range of topics including evaluating energy use, wildfire safety improvements, funding your projects, solar photovoltaics and battery storage, and innovative water reuse.
To register for workshops, please click on the links below. For online webinars, all registered attendees will receive copies of the presentation and slides upon conclusion of the workshop.
Online workshops are held on Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- April 12: Solar, Storage, and Electrification – A Perfect Match
- April 19: Making Improvements for a More Resilient Home https://sonomacounty.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Nngo8dK8QGi-d2IRilgNDw?fbclid=IwAR1DYzL5IOczsQtCPeFY9ccwW9kd-5kjrDzjz6zhZ_-cYe-MDJjr6RUw1P4
- April 26: A Water Smart Future – Innovations in Water Reuse and Efficiency https://sonomacounty.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_nxI_dWBYRBirgDhNjmyufQ?fbclid=IwAR2m-cM8SPQWBiaOCONCh7fcc8-RVfzR0Mn7UZ9DGPJk-Y_3oNFnqr8tZLE
- May 3: The Value of Energy Efficiency in Home Electrification https://sonomacounty.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qtkVf89SSSSztMycXlmA6w?fbclid=IwAR09_pLoZBdi04LkTb5UoEss3iPlV9Ql4uhAc5-R6BqjpVPfZHqDCtDvzAo
- May 6: Induction Cooking Expo at Premiere Bath and Kitchen https://www.eventbrite.com/e/electric-induction-kitchens-a-better-way-to-cook-tickets-560997256897?fbclid=IwAR37NWmbpvu9z3tXpEVvBjR-Sk6956j7cobR7Mvy_WKNiUeWzGWHbMQfzYw
- May 10: Funding Your Improvements – Incentives, Rebates, and Financing
For more information or to RSVP directly, call (707) 565-6470 or email Energy@sonoma-county.org.
Job & Resource Fair for Homeless March 22
Sonoma County will host its first-ever job and resource fair for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless on March 22 at the Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Avenue in Santa Rosa.
The job and resource fair, which will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., will feature 47 local employers and service providers offering support with housing and other resources, including a drop-in resume clinic and free lunch. The event is a collaborative effort between Sonoma County Job Link and more than a dozen community organizations.
To learn more, please see the press release at:
Emergency Housing Plan Webinar Available
Sonoma County officials hosted a community meeting on March 13 to discuss the selection of a parking lot at 2550 Ventura Ave. on the County Government Center campus, as the location for an emergency shelter site.
The meeting provided information and answered questions regarding plans for this shelter site and its services and security parameters.
Watch the March 13 meeting in English:
Watch the March 13 meeting in Spanish:
Other Sonoma County News
Sonoma County to host first-ever job and resource fair for homeless on March 22 in Santa Rosa
Sonoma County partners with University of California in support of public research, education in Bodega Bay and Sonoma Valley
Board of Supervisors authorizes repair of Moscow Road due to risk of failure following multiple major storm events
Board of Supervisors approves Winery Events Ordinance
Board of Supervisors prohibits new retail gas stations in unincorporated Sonoma County