- Sonoma County Annual Reports
- Website Accessibility Assistance
- Back to County Administrator's Office
Weekly Roundup for January 26, 2024
Published: January 26, 2024
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- State Highway 12 roadwork scheduled this weekend
- LEAP Board seeks applications for new members
- Community webinar on local homelessness January 31
- Other Sonoma County news of note
State Highway 12 roadwork scheduled this weekend
Caltrans has scheduled weekend roadwork impacting eastbound Highway 12 between Dutton Avenue and Santa Rosa Avenue in Santa Rosa beginning Friday, January 26 at 8 p.m. through Monday, January 29 at 4 a.m.
- FULL CLOSURE from Friday, January 26 at 8 p.m. to Saturday January 27 at 8 a.m.
- One lane open from Saturday January 27 at 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- FULL CLOSURE from Saturday, January 27 8 p.m. to Sunday January 28 at 8 a.m.
- One lane open from Sunday January 28 at 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- FULL CLOSURE from Sunday, January 28 8 p.m. to Monday January 29 at 4 a.m.
- All lanes open beginning Monday, January 29 at 4 a.m.
Westbound Highway 12 will remain open all weekend. Friday evening and Monday morning commutes are not expected to be impacted. Please follow signage for detours during full closures.
For more information, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/SantaRosaPublicWorks
Members Needed: Lived Experience and Advisory Planning Board
Applications are now being accepted for the LEAP Board, which is composed of diverse people with lived experience of homelessness, with an emphasis on racial and ethnic diversity.
The LEAP Board advises and plans in coordination with the Sonoma County Homeless Coalition Board and homeless service agencies on ways to improve homeless programs, services, shelters and housing in Sonoma County.
Applicants must be formerly homeless and a Sonoma County resident. To apply, please complete the application form available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8SMWDY2.
Community webinar on homelessness happens January 31
The County of Sonoma Department of Health Services is hosting an online public forum on local homelessness on Wednesday, January 31, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The forum will begin with a discussion on how to get help for homelessness, followed by an open Q&A session. Kaitlin Carney with HomeFirst and Thai Hilton with the Sonoma County Department of Health Services Ending Homelessness Team will facilitate the event.
This public forum is an opportunity to ask questions and to learn more about getting help for homelessness in Sonoma County.
For more information, and to join this community webinar, please visit:
Other Sonoma County news of note
- County voter guides for March Presidential Primary Election going out this weekend
- Public invited to participate in Community Engagement Plan discussion at Board of Supervisors meeting Tuesday
- Sonoma County launches 'SoCo Chat' podcast, a new platform for county news and interviews with county leaders
- Sonoma County Board of Supervisors extend temporary ban on tree removals
- Public invited to North Bay Induction Cooking Expo on January 27 in Santa Rosa
- Board of Supervisors authorizes planning and development of advanced composting facility in Sonoma County