- Personal Use and Cultivation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scheduled for Hearing
- Original Jurisdiction
- Cannabis Press Releases
- Back to Cannabis Business Permits
Distribution & Transportation
Required Permits and Inspections
Cannabis Land Use Permit
Cannabis distributors and transporters are allowed in most industrial zones (MP, M1, M2, and M3) and will require a "Distributor-Transport" minor use permit from Permit Sonoma.
Additionally, the transport of cannabis goods that the licensee has cultivated or manufactured is allowed in most agricultural (LIA, LEA, and DA), resources (RRD), and industrial zones (MP, M1, M2, and M3) with a "Distributor-Transport Only" minor use permit from Permit Sonoma.
A use permit is a discretionary permit and each application is reviewed and conditioned on a case-by-case basis. Each permit is subject to public notification and environmental review. A minor use permit may be approved administratively without a public hearing if one is not requested by the public.
Building, Well and Septic Permits
As applicable, from Permit Sonoma
Fire Review and Inspection
Fire and Emergency Services will review all distribution and transportation permit applications and be responsible for inspecting and monitoring for compliance.
Business or Operator Requirements
The following is true for all cannabis permits:
- Operators and employees must be at least 21 years of age
- Operators shall be subject to background searches
- Local hiring preference for business
- Compliance with occupational safety requirements (Cal/OSHA, wage and hour laws, etc)
Ongoing - Operational Requirements
- Annual permit requirement
- Annual inspections required