Sonoma County Cannabis Program
- Cannabis Program Update & EIR
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Personal Use and Cultivation
- Original Jurisdiction
- Cannabis Press Releases
- Back to Cannabis Program
Personal Use and Cultivation
What's on this Page
|Personal Cultivation:||Personal Use:|
|Medical:||Any patient or caregiver with a recommendation for medical cannabis. The cannabis cannot be sold or distributed.|
|Non-Medical:||Any adult over the age of 21 years old. The cannabis cannot be sold.|
|Medical:||Up to 100 square feet grow area per residence. There is no limit on the number of plants grown for medical use, as long as the total canopy area does not exceed 100 square feet.|
|Non-Medical:||No more than 6 plants.|
Personal cultivation must take place at the person's, patient’s or caregiver’s full-time residence.
|Indoor and Mixed-Light:||
- Permits are not required for personal cultivation
- Cultivation for medical use requires…
- All structures to be legally built with all applicable permits (e.g. Building, Grading, Well & Septic).
- Limited access with locking doors or gates.
- Structures equipped with odor control filtration and ventilation systems.
- Lights to be shielded and confined to the inside of the structure.
- Generators are not allowed.
- Compliance with the Agriculture, Weights and & Measures Best Management Practices for cannabis cultivation.
- Download the Personal Cultivation Ordinance (PDF: 67 kB)