- Legislative Program
- Sonoma County Annual Reports
- Accessibility Assistance
- Back to County Administrator's Office
Weekly Roundup for March 10, 2023
Published: March 10, 2023
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- Atmospheric River forecast and preparations
- SoCo Correspondent March edition now available
- Other Sonoma County news of note
Atmospheric River to impact Sonoma County this weekend
The U.S. National Weather Service informs us that rain will intensify this weekend in Sonoma County and various parts of California. Please prepare for this winter storm. Currently, the heaviest rainfall is expected to occur into Friday.
Preparation tips include:
- Secure loose outdoor objects.
- Check on your neighbors.
- Have supplies in the event of an extended power outage (food, batteries, blankets, flashlights).
- Avoid unnecessary travel during the peak of the storm.
- Stay away from the edge of rivers and creeks.
- Do not try to cross flooded roadways or creeks.
For sandbag locations and information on flood safety, evacuation zones, road closures and more, visit: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/flooding/
Keep up with the latest rain, stream and reservoir data updates at:
SoCo Correspondent newsletter March edition released
The March issue of SoCo Correspondent, Sonoma County’s digital newsletter is now available.
Highlights this month include:
- Supervisors approve plan to address homeless encampments along Joe Rodota Trail
- State and local COVID-19 emergency orders lifted
- County partners with local bee farmer to establish seasonal apiary
- County pavement preservation projects on schedule
- New report highlights accomplishments under Strategic Plan
- County tries new model for disaster assistance
- And much more
For the newsletter and signup information, please visit:
Other Sonoma County news of note
Board of Supervisors set to consider Winery Events Ordinance Tuesday
Sonoma County highlights critical work of grand juries, encourages people to volunteer for service
County Government Center parking lot selected as an emergency shelter site; public forum to be held Monday
District Attorney Announces $1.7 Million Consent Judgment with Five Gas Station Owners and Operators for Environmental Violations at Northern California Gas Stations
Wet Weather Groundwater Determinations & Percolation Testing for 2023 Season