Weekly Roundup for August 25, 2023
Published: August 25, 2023
Today’s digest provides helpful and important updates on the following:
- Heat safety reminder as summer temperatures continue
- Spring Lake water park update
- Foster parents needed for Sonoma County pets
- Other Sonoma County news of note
Heat safety reminder as summer temperatures continue
The next few days call for heat safety wherever you are. Heat related deaths and injuries are preventable. Know the symptoms, check on family and neighbors, and take precautions.
- Job Sites: Stay hydrated and take breaks in the shade as often as possible.
- Indoors: Check on the elderly, sick and those without AC.
- Vehicles: NEVER leave kids or pets unattended – look before you lock.
- Outdoors: Limit strenuous outdoor activities, find shade and stay hydrated.
To learn more, please visit: https://socoemergency.org/get-ready/local-hazards/heat/
Spring Lake water park update
Spring Lake Regional Park's swimming lagoon, Water Park and boat rentals will be closed all day due to low staff levels on Monday, Aug. 28.
The Water Park and swimming lagoon will also be closed in the mornings on:
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Boat rentals will be open during this time, beginning at 10:15 a.m. The swimming lagoon and Water Park will reopen for regular hours on Aug. 31 and continue daily through Labor Day.
Boat rentals continue daily through Labor Day and then open weekends-only starting Sept. 9 through Oct. 1 (closed Sept. 16).
Foster parents needed for Sonoma County pets
The Sonoma County animal shelter is at full capacity and urgently needs your help. Fostering an animal is a very special way to make a difference for shelter animals and to try out having a dog in your home.
Foster supplies are provided. If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption hours are Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 4:30 p.m. at Sonoma County Animal Services, 1247 Century Ct. in Santa Rosa.
More information is available at:
Other Sonoma County news of note
Board of Supervisors to examine county’s response to climate change during August 29 public workshop
Human Services Department’s Paulin Drive office and call center set for one-day closure on September 1
Sonoma County Supervisors approve Housing Element
Charles M. Schulz — Sonoma County Airport celebrates completion of $40 million modernized air terminal
Sonoma County issues Health Advisory for Tough Mudder race participants
Board of Supervisors approves $3.5 million in energy upgrades to Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building
Sonoma County Board of Supervisors approves temporary moratorium on mobile home park rent increases
Sonoma County to host overdose awareness event August 31