For Immediate Release
Sonoma County partners with private providers to expand COVID-19 testing opportunities
Santa Rosa,CA | August 03, 2021
Due to increasing case rates and testing demand, the Sonoma County Department of Health Services is partnering with four trusted providers - Curative, LHI, Molecular Matrix, and Fox Home Health - to offer expanded COVID-19 testing services for Sonoma County residents.
As case rates have risen in recent weeks, the demand for pop-up COVID-19 testing has significantly increased. In the two weeks from June 22 to July 5, the DHS Field Services team administered 572 tests. From July 6 to July 19, DHS testing more than doubled to 1150 tests. In the last single week for which the county has data, from July 20 to July 26, the team administered 1054 tests in just seven days. Expanding the testing services of LHI, Curative, Molecular Matrix, and Fox Home Health raises testing capacity from just over 1,000 tests per week to more than 10,000 tests per week.
The Field Services team also has been limited in where it could effectively operate, hosting sites only in Santa Rosa. “Partnering with these proven vendors will enable COVID-19 testing to expand beyond Santa Rosa to confirmed sites in Boyes Hot Springs, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Guerneville, Cloverdale, Healdsburg, and Petaluma,” said Sonoma County Health Officer Dr. Sundari Mase. “There are even more sites in the final planning stages that will allow us to expand locations and capacity even further. We strongly encourage everyone in Sonoma County to get vaccinated as soon as possible to limit the significant impact of the Delta variant in our community.”
This plan allows the Field Services team to instead focus on outbreak and surveillance testing. Though DHS will not administer COVID-19 tests at pop-up events, the department is overseeing the placement of sites and working with these providers to ensure that as many community members as possible have equitable access to testing. The County will also continue to provide help navigating the many options available to community members through the testing and vaccine hotline at (707) 565-4667.
Appointments and walk-ins are accepted. Appointment openings appear on the Curative website three to four days before each event. Visit curative.com or call (888) 702-9042 to make an appointment. Beginning Aug. 2, Curative will host sites throughout Sonoma County:
- Coddingtown kiosk, 1000 Coddingtown Center (Thursday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Healdsburg Community Center, 1557 Healdsburg Ave., Healdsburg (Monday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Cloverdale Senior Center, 311 N Main St., Cloverdale (Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- West County Community Services, 15010 Armstrong Woods Road, Guerneville (Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Boyes Hot Springs Park and Ride, Highway 12 and Thompson Avenue (Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Fiesta Plaza kiosk, 18615 Sonoma Highway, Sonoma (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., beginning Aug. 9)
- Rohnert Park Community Center, 5401 Snyder Lane, Rohnert Park (Tuesdays)
- Cotati Park and Ride, St. Joseph Way at Highway 116 and Highway 101, Cotati (Wednesdays)
- Galvin Park, 3330 Yulupa Ave., Santa Rosa (Thursdays)
- A Place to Play Park, 2375 W. 3rd St., Santa Rosa (Fridays)
- Saturdays: To be determined.
Appointments are required. Visit molecularmatrix.com/covidtesting to make an appointment. In addition to the location below, Molecular Matrix is in the process of securing another site in Petaluma as well as several sites in Santa Rosa:
- Foundry Wharf, 625 Second St., Petaluma:
- Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mondays, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fox Home Health
Santa Rosa Community Health ceased operation of the Roseland Community Center clinic at 779 Sebastopol Road on July 31. Fox Home Health has agreed to take over and offer vaccines and testing in southwest Santa Rosa beginning Aug. 3:
- Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
In addition, Fox has added testing to their existing vaccine clinic at 1400 N. Dutton Ave., Suite 17, Santa Rosa:
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 testing in Sonoma County, please visit socoemergency.org/test.