- Health Care Benefits
- Food and Nutrition Benefits
- Options for Economic Assistance Services
- Back to Health Care Benefits
Health Care Benefits Frequently Asked Questions
Most questions about Medi-Cal and Covered California can be answered at the Department of Health Care Services website. Below are some common questions asked by Sonoma County residents.
Call (877) 699-6868 or visit Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa or 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma.
You can also mail in a signed request:
- County of Sonoma Human Services Department
Economic Assistance Division
PO Box 1539, Santa Rosa, CA 95402
Report the lost, stolen or damaged card as soon you can:
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone: (877) 699-6868. You’ll be sent a free replacement card within three working days.
- In-Person:Your card will be replaced immediately at your visit to:
Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive OR
Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma
Call: Economic Assistance at (877) 699-6868.
Contact Economic Assistance, or the county you are moving to or from, and ask for an inter-county transfer. You shouldn’t need to reapply in your new county.
Medi-Cal allows immediate, temporary coverage for prenatal care and prescriptions related to pregnancy, even before the application is complete. Only some medical care providers accept this type of Medi-Cal.
Companies that offer health plans vary by region. In Sonoma County, these companies offer health plans:
- Blue Shield of California
- Health Net Life
- Kaiser Permanente
- Western Health Advantage