- Housing Heroes
- Policy Documents
- Sonoma County Housing Authority Press Releases
- Back to Sonoma County Housing Authority
Housing Heroes Campaign
Housing authorities for Sonoma County and the City of Santa Rosa, along with community leaders who work with individuals who are unhoused or precariously housed, have joined in a new campaign to celebrate and acknowledge our local Housing Heroes.
The mission of the Housing Authority is to provide equal access to housing for our community members who would otherwise not have homes. We cannot do this alone. It’s important to see and recognize the life-changing impacts that property owners and managers can and do have on so many of our Sonoma County neighbors.
Housing Heroes are those who support struggling families by helping them to find a safe and affordable place to live, give a new chance to individuals who have made positive changes in their lives, or who are unrelenting advocates for housing access and housing equity.
Who are Housing Heroes:
Who are Housing Heroes:
- Those who have opened their homes or apartments to Section 8 tenants or who have raised their voices in support of helping those who are low income, homeless, or disabled find safe and affordable housing in our community.
- Those who share their voices to combat the stigma that to be low income, to be homeless, or to be disabled means you are less deserving of or less desiring of a safe home,
- Community leaders, innovators, and change makers who make affordable housing available and advocate for homes for everyone.
Housing does not happen without these Housing Heroes. We thank all of our community partners who are a part of the solution to ensure that every member of our community has access to a home.
Learn about different home sharing initiatives and information:
Meet our Housing Heroes:
Images and stories to come once Housing Heroes have been chosen. Please see section below on how to nominate a Housing Hero.
Nominate a Housing Hero:
Do you know a Housing Hero? Please send us a nomination of a property owner or manager to highlight their community efforts to provide equal access to housing. Please nominate Housing Heroes by 11/1/2022.
November 17, 2022
Zach Powers, a property owner in Sebastopol and native Sonoma County resident, has been named the county’s Housing Hero for the month of November as part of an ongoing campaign to address the region’s housing shortage.
September 13, 2022
The County of Sonoma and City of Santa Rosa are teaming up to celebrate “Housing Heroes” in an effort to encourage greater participation in housing rental assistance and home-sharing programs offered across Sonoma County. Too many residents are challenged to secure quality housing, even when they have housing vouchers in hand.