- About Us
- Road Jurisdictions
- Functional Classification
- Funding Sources
- Current Road Work
- Back to County Of Sonoma
Road Work Update
Published: January 23, 2017
Over the weekend, all our crews were busy responding to damage caused by the storms. We responded to flooding, patched potholes, and cleared debris, slides, and down trees.
Road Maintenance Projects
- Our crews will be fixing potholes, checking roads, and cleaning up debris in various locations.
- When the weather improves, the Bridge crew will be repairing a viaduct on Sonoma Mountain Road between Bennett Valley Road and Pressley Road.
- The Culvert crew will fix a washout on Sweetwater Springs.
- The Traffic crew will repair signs in various locations. All three crews also will be helping various road crews as needed.
- All paving for the summer program is complete. Remaining work includes shoulder backing, guard rail construction, raising utility covers, survey monument construction, and striping.
- Highway 12 Improvements, between Agua Caliente Road to Boyes Boulevard: final construction activities
- Construction of the Healdsburg Intermodal Facility: final construction activities
- Intersection Improvements at Adobe Road and East Washington Street: traffic signal construction, and striping layout and installation
Plan Your Commute
With the debris and the damage caused by slides we appreciate everyone’s patience with our crews and contractors. They are working around the clock to keep roads open and safe. Single lane traffic control and minor delays are expected, particularly on Ida Clayton, Geyser Road, Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs, and Hot Springs.
Several roads around the county are closed due to flooding. Please obey all road closures and do not drive in flood waters. A foot of water or less can carry away a car, and the road conditions under the water are unknown. Visit http://roadconditions.sonoma-county.org/ for a full list of unincorporated Road Closures.
One lane is closed on Sonoma Mountain Road with stop signs until permanent repairs can be made to the viaduct. Sonoma Mountain Road will be closed Monday through Friday 9am – 2pm, but otherwise open to one-lane traffic.