Family, Youth and Children's Services
All children and teens deserve to be safe, healthy and supported.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all Sonoma County children and teens, the Family, Youth and Children's Division (FYC) partners with local families, community members and professionals who work with youth.
URGENT NEED for More Caring Foster Parents
Relatives, family friends, teachers and coaches, single adults, couples and families of all types are needed to become foster parents for local children. Becoming a foster parent is also the first step toward adopting a child or teen. If you want to offer a safe and loving home to a local child, learn about becoming a foster parent, join a live, monthly talk, Explore Foster Parenting on Zoom (click here for info)
Call us at (707) 565-4274 | Email SonomaFosterCare@schsd.org
Redwood Children's Center
- 2755 Mendocino Avenue, Suite 204, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- (707) 565-6360 • FAX (707) 565-8621 • rccsonomacounty.org
What is our purpose? We are a child advocacy center (CAC) that is both a place and a way to address child abuse using current best practices with a child friendly approach and setting. We have a team of trained professionals all under one roof to support you and your child. We are here to reduce the number of interviews and reduce the trauma to children and families.
¿Cuál es nuestro propósito? Somos un centro de defensa de los niños (CAC) que es a la vez un lugar y una forma de abordar el abuso infantil utilizando las mejores prácticas actuales con un enfoque y un entorno amigable para los niños. Contamos con un equipo de profesionales capacitados, todos bajo un mismo techo para apoyarlo a usted y a su hijo. Estamos aquí para reducir el número de entrevistas y reducir el trauma para los niños y las familias.
Valley of the Moon Children's Home
- P.O. Box 1539, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-1539
(707) 565-6350 • FAX (707) 565-6352
Children who are no longer safe with their parents or guardians and need immediate, temporary shelter may stay at the Valley of the Moon Children's Home until a community foster home is arranged. Staffed by caring child welfare professionals, the shelter is a peaceful, stable, supportive and nurturing group environment where children receive medical, dental and mental health care and other healing services.
- Help children and youth with homework, lead art, exercise, garden or music programs, sort donated clothes, toys and other items for foster children and youth, or plan and organize special events. Contact the non-profit Valley of the Moon Children's Foundation or email Children's Home staff.
Valley of the Moon Children's Foundation
- PO Box 11671, Santa Rosa, CA 95406
This private, nonprofit, community foundation generously raises funds to support foster children and foster families in Sonoma County. In partnership with the Board of Supervisors and the community, the Foundation led the capital campaign to build the emergency shelter, the Valley of the Moon Children's Home.
Charitable donations and volunteers support:
- the needs of children and teens at Valley of the Moon Children's Home,
- children and teens in community foster care homes and their foster parents,
- emancipated foster children, including help with education, housing and employment guidance,
- and community efforts to prevent child abuse.