- About Us
- Popular Health Services
- Medical and Health Disaster Planning
- Dental Health
Marijuana Public Health and Safety
- Clinicians Researchers and Educators
- Impaired Driving
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Prevention and Treatment
- Reports and Websites
- Smoking and Secondhand Smoke
- Youth and Young Adults
- Related Links and Resources
- Myths and Facts About Marijuana Use
- Marijuana Smoking and Vaping
- Health Insurance Options
- Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Accessibility Assistance
- Back to Health Services
Health Insurance Options
CoveredCA.com is the one-stop website where Californians can buy brand-name, private health insurance under the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Anyone can buy health insurance through Covered California, but eligibility for financial help is based on income. There are Covered California plans for small businesses too.
Visit Covered California to:
- See if you qualify for a discount on private health insurance
- earn about health plan options and apply
- Find out if you're eligible for California's low-/no-cost Medi-Cal program
Open enrollment for health coverage in 2018 is over, but you may be eligible for special enrollment if you experience a qualifying life event, such as marriage, having a baby, losing health care coverage or moving to another county within California or to California from out of state.
Health Insurance Plan Options in Sonoma County
Companies that offer health plans vary by region. In Sonoma County, these companies offer health plans:
- Blue Shield
- Health Net Life
- Kaiser Permanente
- Western Health Advantage
For Small Business
Covered California also makes affordable health coverage available to small business employers and their employees. Visit Covered California for Small Business for more information.
New rules in the Affordable Care Act expanded Medi-Cal eligibility to many more people.
Ways to find out if you are eligible for low- and no-cost Medi-Cal:
- Go to www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- Call (877) 699-6868
- Visit the Human Services Department Economic Assistance Division, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, or the South County Service Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, #101, Petaluma, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Find Enrollment Assistance in Sonoma County
Certified Enrollment Counselors are available at locations around Sonoma County to help with your health insurance application or renewal. Services are both free and confidential.
Source: Redwood Community Health Coalition.