Our shelter is currently full and we have temporarily suspended our Owner Surrender Wait List. Please see resources below for assistance with Re-Homing your Pet.
- REVIEW Owner Surrender Guide from Humane Society of Sonoma County
- POST to Nextdoor, Facebook, Adopt-a-Pet, Craigslist and other social media
- SUBMIT information to Adoptions by Owner on Humane Society of Sonoma County
- REACH OUT to friends and family
- CHECK local boarding facilities for temporary assistance
- CALL other shelters and rescues in the area and surrounding areas - some rescues may be breed specific and may be able to accommodate based on your pet's breed
Alternatively, if the reasons for re-homing are cost or behavior, please see below:
- Good Pup Online Training - receive one week FREE online training
- Pet Financial Assistance through Humane Society of Sonoma County
- Pet Food Pantry through Humane Society of Sonoma County (707)542-0882
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter Programs through SCAS and HSSC
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Sonoma County
Sonoma County Animal Services accepts no responsibility for the pets posted to the websites listed here. Potential adopters are responsible for communicating with the pet’s current owner to acquire veterinary records and other necessary information.