Transportation and Public Works is now Sonoma Public Infrastructure - Website updates coming soon!
Map of Restricted Parking Areas
Establishing No Parking Zones
Establishment of a 'No Parking' or 'Restricted Parking' zone must be approved by the Board of Supervisors, and requires reasonable justification. If you are trying to request a No Parking zone, the consent of local residents will likely by a requirement. To inquire about the establishment of restricted parking, please contact your local Supervisor.
Typical Prohibited Parking
Parking guidelines and restrictions are indicated by street signs at location, or by curb paint. Where signs are not posted, assume that parking is prohibited as follows:
- In an intersection or a crosswalk
- Within 15 feet of a fire station driveway or fire hydrant
- In front of a public or private driveway
- On a sidewalk
- On the roadway side of a parked vehicle (i.e. double parking)
- At a bus stop
- On a bridge
- In a center median strip
- In any way that obstructs the roadway
- If on a narrow street, within 6 feet of the street's center