- What We Know About Homelessness
- Strategic Plan
- Continuum of Care Competition
- 2019 Staff Reports
- Summary of Requests
- CoC Governance and Compliance
- Subscriber Links
- Back to Homeless Services
Continuum of Care
The Continuum of Care (CoC) is Sonoma County's collaborative effort representing the homeless services system of care. Governed by a seventeen-member Continuum of Care Board, the countywide effort is responsible for oversight of funds designated to the Continuum of Care and planning/policy development for addressing homelessness. The Board consists of local elected officials, nonprofit representatives, subject matter experts, and individuals with lived homeless experience. The Community Development Commission serves as the Lead Agency of CoC.
The Goal of the CoC is to achieve Functional Zero homelessness in Sonoma County using a Housing First model. The system of care program is designed to accomplish the following:
- Promote a community‐wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness
- Provide funding for efforts to quickly re‐house individuals and families who are homeless, which minimizes the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness
- Promote access to and effective use of mainstream programs
- Optimize self‐sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness
For more information, visit the HUD-mandated Continuum of Care Program.
March 2, 2023
Notice: Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Sonoma County Continuum of Care Consolidated Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)- Now Available! Due April 3, 2023
This message services as notification for the release of the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Sonoma County Continuum of Care Consolidated Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA).
January 5, 2023
2023 Sonoma County Homeless Point-in-Time Count Volunteer Registration Now Open- January 27th !
December 6, 2022
Request for Proposals (RFP) for the management and operation of Los Guilicos Village Non-Congregate Shelter
November 16, 2022
Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) Data Committee Meeting