Authority & Purpose
The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors created the North Valley Municipal Advisory Council
Resolution No. 19-0366
Authority and Purpose
Section 1. The North Valley MAC will make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and other County decision makers through the District Supervisor on the following Advisory Topics when requested by the District Supervisor:
- Prioritization of transportation, transit, traffic calming, bicycle and pedestrian improvements
- Health and human safety-net services, including homelessness and housing
- Community projects such as art, clean ups and vegetation planting
- Fire services and community preparedness
- Additional topics as requested by
the District Supervisor
Section 2. The duties of the North Valley MAC shall include:
- Hold regular open and public meetings;
- Study and analyze the Advisory Topics;
- Keep the District Supervisor informed of any issues related to Advisory Topics within the North Valley MAC boundaries;
- Provide advisory recommendations on the Advisory Topics to the Board of Supervisors and other County decision makers through the District Supervisor, and annual reports to the Board in coordination with the District Supervisor;
- Comply with Sonoma County Municipal Advisory Council Policies and Procedures.
Section 3. The North Valley MAC shall not represent the community or communicate on behalf of the North Valley MAC to any County of Sonoma body, any federal, state, other county, city, special district or school district, agency body or commission, or before any other organization on any matter concerning the community except as specifically provided in Sections 1 and 2 above.
Language on Authority and Purpose is excerpted from the North Valley MAC Bylaws.
Download full bylaws here: North Valley MAC Bylaws (PDF: 209 Kb)