Mental Health Executive Board Meeting
Date: June 07, 2023
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
MHB Members ONLY to meet in person at the Santa Rosa Conference Room
1450 Neotomas Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401* (see parking information below)
ALL NON-MHB MEMBERS - VIRTUAL ZOOM WEBINAR:
Members of the public can watch or listen to the meeting using one of the two following methods:
- Join the Zoom meeting application on your computer, tablet, or smartphone
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
- Call-in and listen to the meeting:
Webinar ID: 971 7450 8439
*Parking at 1450 Neotomas Avenue:
While you may park anywhere in the lot, the most direct access is up the ramp and turn right. This is where the main entrance is located. Upon entering from this level, turn left and the meeting room is on the right, directly across from the restrooms.
Registration Required: No
- MHB Treasurer’s Report – $373.83 (approx.. depending on final Owl pricing and receipt of $100.00 security deposit from Finley Center). *BH Fiscal did not order Owl until May 22; hoping for arrival prior to fiscal year ending!
- Recruitment and retention of MHB members – (2) vacancies in District 2 (Rabbitt); (1) in District 5
- Ethics Training – Still pending: Mary Ann Swanson, Betzy Chavez, Michelle Jackson
- Discuss Board Planning: Special Topic Presentation June – Melissa will have a 5 minute presentation about the plan that was posted May 1; followed by approx.. 15 minutes for public comments and questions. Supv. Hopkins will attend and speak as well. Melissa Struzzo, Section Manager for DHS SUDS is tentative pending Jan’s decision on June or July
- BH Director’s Report/DHS-BH Budget Update/Systems Transformation
- Other Reports Including CALBHB/C and Ad hoc committees; Legislative Agenda Items: PAM and Mental Health Services/Needs at Sonoma County Main Adult Detention Facility PAM (program assessment matrix) matrix and site visits.
- Discuss MHB acknowledging SCBH staff: June (if Melissa Struzzo is presenting, possibly the SUDS team?)
- MHB Chair’s Report
- Site Visit Committee – No recent calendar
- Discuss need for hand mic at select MHB meetings (request presented by Bob Cobb); Note: would require purchase
- Prepare By-law addition/amendment regarding MHB attendance requirements and add outcome to June MHB Agenda for Board approval (request presented by Bob Cobb)
- Discuss updating MHB online member biography page (request presented by Bob Cobb
- Future topics to add to agenda
- Public Comment
Next MHB Meeting Agenda 06/20/2023 – *The Hub at 2225 Challenger Way*
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes for May 16, 2023 Board Meeting
- Consumer Affairs Report - Consumer news, issues, concerns
- Behavioral Health Director’s Report/BH Fiscal Update/Mental Health System Transformation
- Mental Health Board Appreciation
- Special Presentation: Melissa Ladrech, Supervisor Lynda Hopkins, Melissa Struzzo (tent)
- Public Comment/Wrap-Up
Email Public Comment Prior to the Meeting:
You may email public comment to DHS-MHB@sonoma-county.org no later than five days prior to the meeting. All emailed public comments will be forwarded to all Board Members. During the meeting, if you have joined as a member of the public in the Zoom app or by calling in, there will be specific points throughout the meeting assigned to public comment.
If you have a disability, which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Mental Health Board at (707) 565-4854 or by email DHS-MHB@sonoma-county.org by 12:00 noon the Friday before the meeting to ensure arrangements for accommodation.