- Evaluating Your Need & Urgency
- Recruitment Process
- Department Selection
- Hiring Process
- Position & Allocation Control & Assignment Changes
- Back to Services
The information accessible from this page is provided to assist County employees understand the rules and process for layoffs and to provide departmental HR Liaisons with a resource toolkit to help administer the process accurately and effectively.
Layoffs are governed by the County's Civil Service Rules.
Contact your department's assigned Recruitment and Classification Analyst for more information and assistance regarding the layoff process.
- Guide to Administering Layoffs - including notice templates (Word®: 336 kB)
- Priority Transfer Employment Lists - Layoff Mitigation Policy
- Civil Service Rule 11 - Frequently Asked Questions